Xero is arguably the leading cloud based bookkeeping platform for businesses to produce their day to day bookkeeping on. The system is designed to save you time in performing routine bookkeeping tasks on a day to day basis. Millhouses Accountancy Training and Development are offering the following training options for your business.
Introduction to Xero – One to one training
Our introduction to Xero training sessions are one to one training sessions which are run at your office using your own paperwork. The training sessions are very much tailored to the requirements of your business. The course is designed for business owners who are new to Xero or who have used it a little but require training to fully understand its capabilities.
How does it work?
One of our trainers will come out to you and work alongside you to set your business up on Xero. The set up will be done with the requirements of your business in mind and will cover the following areas:
- How many bank accounts does the business have?
- Is there a company credit card?
- Does the business make use of petty cash?
- What accounts will be required in the chart of accounts?
- Is the business a Limited Company?
- Is the business vat registered?
- What is the financial year end for the business?
Once the set up is complete we will then train you how to perform all of the day to day tasks which you will be required to perform in your business (using your own paperwork). These sessions can incorporate one member of staff or a whole department (should your business require this). At the end of the training session, which will take a full day (usually from 10am until 4pm with an hour for lunch) you should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Locate the Xero dashboard and gain an understanding of what features it contains.
- Import your bank feed onto Xero and know how to refresh this in the future.
- Create your own personalised chart of accounts and have an understanding of how these work in relation to your business.
- Create new contacts for your business.
- Enter bills and prepare and send invoices to customers.
- Enter credit notes and match them to bills and invoices.
- Process payments and reconcile your bank.
- Enter cash transactions.
- Run useful financial reports for your business.
Should you prefer the training can be done at our offices in Sheffield and Nottingham. However, as we will be training you on your own paperwork, we feel it would be better at your premises.
What will I need to have with me at the training?
For the purposes of the set up and training you will need the following items
- Details of the business including company number, financial year end date, business registered address, vat registration number
- Supplier and customer contact details
- Bills from suppliers
- Details of invoices to be sent to customers
- Bank statements
- Details of receipts and payments in cash
- Credit card statements
- Online banking details
Drop in clinics
Our 1 hour one to one drop in clinics are aimed at business owners who do not feel they require a full days training but merely assistance with certain areas of Xero. Perhaps you already use Xero but require assistance refreshing your bank feed or need to know how to produce certain reports.
These drop in sessions are held at our offices in Sheffield and Nottingham. They can be for a longer period than 1 hour if requested.
All courses will be delivered by Xero accredited, experienced accountants and bookkeepers.
To book or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sheffield 0114 345 0960 or Nottingham 0115 882 0356.